Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Where does the time go

Well it's no secret that I pretty much suck at blogging.  I sucked at keeping a diary, so it's no surprise that my blogging would suffer the same fate.

Good grief, it's been 365 days since my last post.  Ha...I actually started this post a couple of days ago, can I get points for almost sliding in under a year?

So what have I been doing this past year....no I mean 365 days that has kept me way too occupied to even stop in and say hello?  Well I've been knitting, crocheting (minimal) and I picked up two new fiber arts...dyeing yarn and spinning yarn!  Yup I'm a fully fledged fiber junky. I'll catch you up on all of those new fun activities in future posts.  (Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know...suck at blogging...blah, blah, blah). I am trying to get better and hopefully my 2013 goals will keep me on track.

I joined the 13 in 2013 group over on Ravelry and made some pretty aggressive goals:
13 knit or crochet projects from 13 different books
13 knit or crochet projects from 13 different magazines
13 knit or crochet projects from 13 different pattern purchases

Wait...that's 39 projects...in one year...{glup}....I think I may have finally lost my mind. But as a craft book and magazine hoarder, I have tons of books. And that Ravelry...whoo, you'd think I would be happy with the kabillion free patterns. Noooo....I have to go buy patterns.  That said, I need to start using these purchases and nows the time to do it.   Will I get all 39 projects done?  Who knows...I plan to give it my best, but keep it fun while doing it.

I plan to add one more goal, to blog at least 13 times a month (rolls eyes at self and falls out of chair laughing at this one.) Yeah...trying to figure out when I'll have time to blog, when there should be a hook or needles in my hands during all of my free time.

In the mean time, while I get prepared for my 2013 goals, here are a few pictures of some of my hand dyed yarns and my first handspun.  Enjoy!














Toodles for now!



2 comments:

  1. So now, in addition to a serious fiber addiction, you are going to figure out how to blog on a regular basis? In addition to 39 projects? You are definitely certifiable :) I blog once a month but only committed to 13 projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...positively certifiable. But I have already setup reminders on my calender for the 1st 3 months of next year. Hopefully by then, it will be habit.

    ReplyDelete