Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chipping away

I am sitting and knitting away on a new 13 in 2013 project...the cute little Downtown Clutch.   Even thought it's offered for free on Ravelry, I'm still counting it since I found it first in my  Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgence book :)

Everything is going smooth (it's a really easy knitting project) when the tip of my needle decides it needs to start flaking off some parts. {sigh}  This is the size 4 from my Knit Picks Interchangeables.  I love these needles, but I was not a happy camper. (Not in a boiling mad rage or anything like that, just not happy)



But, people have said that if you call Knit Picks with a problem with one of their needles, they will replace it.  I've had the needles about a year, don't think I've used the size  4s.   But I called anyway.  As always, got a pleasant customer service rep who apologized for the issue and said they would get a needle right out to me...what????

I just love this company.  Not just because they are sending the needle free of charge and not requiring me to return this one,  but their overall desire to provide great customer service to the customer.   This is not the first time I've seen this excellence.

During the Black Friday sales, they got slammed but we fiber fanatics looking for a great deal.  I had questions about my order because it was taking so long.  When I called, the rep was awesome.  I mean not only are they slammed with taking and processing orders, they were slammed with the instant gratification folks like me calling.   I told him take a breather and click on his keyboard like he was really doing some intense work on my request.  He laughed and thanked me for being so patient and for putting a smile on his face. I do know that some people reported getting abrupt or less than helpful reps.  I'm not discounting their experience, but I think the overall CS experience with Knit Picks is positive for most people. If they were a LYS, they'd see me coming though their doors on a regular basis.

But back to my current dilemma, in my excitement of the great customer service, I didn't ask her how long it would take. Oh well, I've filed the tip as smooth as I can get it to finish the row.  I don't have another size 4 circular at home, so looks like I'll have to pick one up in the meantime.

I really should be working on the Dayde Mitts anyway.  This one is not going so well for a number of reasons.  I'll update you how I've been bumbling along on this project.  Casting on and ripping out one mitt 3 times should tell me the chalk it up..but I'm not throwing in the towel yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment